Falgarwood is considered to be among Oakville’s up and coming neighbourhoods. The area is starting to see some major changes with significant home renovations and some new custom homes. It is generally comprised of homes built between 1955 and 1975 sitting on mature treed 50 to 60 foot lots. For many, it offers the perfect combination of privacy and maturity associated with south Oakville and the convenient commuter location of the north east.
This community offers many lush green parks, ravines, walking paths, quiet crescent streets and good schools. There is a good turnover of younger families moving into the area and many long time residents. It is great for access to transit and shopping including Oakville Place, Upper Oakville Shopping Centre on Upper Middle Road and the Dundas Street “big box store” shopping corridor.
Another attraction of the neighbourhood is its great highway access, close to the QEW, 403 and the 407 ETR.
For those who prefer to travel by train, the Oakville Main GO Station is nearby and for students, Sheridan College is within walking distance or a short bus ride.
- Sheridan Public School (JK-GR-5)
- Falgarwood Public School (GR 6-8)
- Munn’s Public School (GR1-8 French Immersion)
- Holy Family Elementary School (Catholic School)(East of Morrison Creek)
- St. Michael’s Elementary School (Catholic School)(West of Morrison Creek)
- Iroquios Ridge Secondary School 9-12
- St Thomas Aquinas (Catholic Secondary School) 9-12 (East of Morrison Creek)
- St Ignatius of Loyola (Catholic Secodary School) 9-12 (West of Morrison Creek)